The Value of Vaccination Research Network (VoVRN) is awarding funding for new research on the broader social and economic impact of vaccination (BSEIV). The application process will begin with the solicitation and submission of concept notes for studies on the BSEIV. Concept notes will be screened and evaluated by the VoVRN’s Secretariat and Steering Committee. The authors of selected concept notes will be invited to submit full proposals. The Secretariat and Steering Committee will also review the full proposals to determine which projects will be awarded funding from the VoVRN.
Strong projects will include research teams with partners in low- and middle-income countries, focus on quantifying the broader societal and economic benefits of vaccination, and range from 1-3 years in duration and from $500,000 to $700,000 in total costs.
ANTICIPATED TIMELINE (subject to change)
- Friday, July 14: Invitations to submit concept notes distributed
- Friday, Aug. 4: Submission deadline for concept notes
- Friday, Sept. 8: Notification of proposal status
- Friday, Sept. 15: Distribution of proposal templates
- Friday, Nov. 17: Final proposals due at 5 PM EST
- Friday, Dec. 8: Notification of proposal status, initiation of contracting
- Monday, Jan. 1: Official start date for funded studies
At this time, the grant-making process is only open to concept note applicants that have been invited to prepare full proposals.
CONCEPT NOTE SUBMISSION
The Value of Vaccination Research Network (VoVRN) is pleased to announce the initiation of a grant-making cycle to fund research on the broader social and economic impacts of vaccination (BSEIV). Please see the instructions and templates below to submit a concept note to the VoVRN.
Concept notes are due by 5 PM EDT on Friday, August 4, 2017.
Photo credit: nps.gov